Buying a home can feel daunting, overwhelming, and the list goes on and on. A Realtor can help you through the process. I wanted to cover a few of those steps right now:
1. Find a Realtor that you trust and can communicate with easily. If they are a good Realtor, they will give you information on what they will do for you and have you fill out some paperwork immediately.
2. That Realtor can help you find the right mortgage lender in the area. Out-of-State lenders can be difficult to work with and draw out the closing.
3. Get pre-approval letter from the mortgage lender to share with your Realtor.
4. Start looking for the perfect home that fits your needs.
5. When you find that home be prepared to visit with your Realtor to write an offer.
6. Write a check for Earnest Money to go with an accepted offer. The Earnest Money amount depends on how much money you have available and what the seller may request. The minimum is usually around $500.
7. Remove the contingencies in the offer over the next week. Contingencies may include an inspection, checking out the rules and associations in the area, flood plain, etc. You choose what contingencies will make or break the deal for you.
8. The bank will have the home appraised.
9. WAIT for your closing day.
10. Move In!!
These steps can give you a path for what to expect in the home-buying process. For more information, email me at BismarckBeth@KW.com